Saturday, August 26, 2006

The trouble with birthdays


The problem with birthdays is your getting older a year at a time.

Birthdays are great especially when your a kid. It was Cam's birthday yesterday he was 10. We had a great day there was cake, prezzies, a trip to the pictures and loads of pizza for tea. He's now the proud owner of an iPod and more disposable income than me.

Birthday's also make you think. I can't beleive how fast time is flying. I will be 37 this year that's nearly 40, I remember getting pissed at my Dad's 40th birthday party that'll be me in 3 years. I'm starting to get spooked by my own mortality. Whilst your under 30 you feel indestructable and you're going to live forever. Now I'm edging towards 40 I'm feeling a lot more mortal. I now find myself taking pleasures in the smaller things in life like a nice cup of tea or some comfy england underpants (thanks mum).

Ah well nothing lasts forever, except for maybe old carrier bags, Cliff Richard and cans of Netto lager at a party.

No comments: